Florum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kansas City, MO Starlight Theatre October 1, 2012

Go down

Kansas City, MO Starlight Theatre October 1, 2012  Empty Kansas City, MO Starlight Theatre October 1, 2012

Post  Pre-Raphaelite_Beauty Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm

One of my favorite memories of 2012 was getting to see Florence and the Machine live in October. FATM played a lot of my favorite songs. My friend and I ended up at the wrong end of the venue so we had to move in the middle of Only If For a Night. I remember as we were walking to our seats completely stopping to stare at Florence think, “You’re real?!” I should to be kind of underwhelmed by the videos of live version of Only If For a Night but in person the song was amazing and give me chills just thinking about it.

I got emotional when they played Heartlines because the song reminds me of my late mother and I felt like as the song says “that in some way” my mom was there with me. Florence wear a beautiful red Gucci dress. A really cute little girl won the Spectrum contest and shook Florence’ hand. At one point Florence said that she was really happy to be in Kansas City, Kansas and a drunk guy behind me said shouted out “Missouri!” (We were in Kansas City, Missouri not Kansas. The two cities are right next to one another and get mixed up all the time.)

I was really happy they had the amazing stained glass looking back drop. Florence was so happy and free as she performed. The band did a great job. At the end it was funny because at the being ofDog Days Are Over Florence started to giggle. Before Dog Day jump Florence explained that she was laughing because all of the band members sound monitors went out at once so they hand to just play by ear. It was a lot of fun and I hope to see them again. Also I gave my letter to Florence to one of the staff who looked at the latter and said he would give it to her.
Pre-Raphaelite_Beauty
Pre-Raphaelite_Beauty

Back to top Go down