Florum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florence sings on the Tube!

4 posters

Go down

Florence sings on the Tube! Empty Florence sings on the Tube!

Post  manic bunny Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 pm

manic bunny
manic bunny

Back to top Go down

Florence sings on the Tube! Empty Re: Florence sings on the Tube!

Post  fatmfanclub Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:53 am

The annoying thing is that I live in London (North west) and have always had hope that one time, I'd hop on and she'll be there in an empty carriage at 2:00am. And we'll have a chat and no one would disturb us.

The reality is that it's unlikely to happen, and even if it did there would be swarms of people fighting for autographs and photos and stuff and I'd miss my chance. It's a depressing thing to think about either way!
fatmfanclub
fatmfanclub

https://www.facebook.com/florenceandthemachinefanclub

Back to top Go down

Post  excellentpotato Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 am

well, considering I've been to London seven times before knowing of Flo's existence, I'm kind of paranoid I might have met her without being aware of it. Laughing that would be my kind of luck!
but I'm sure if some gorgeous woman with a killer voice had suddenly started smashing a song on the tube, I would've remembered Laughing

If something like that happened to me, I'd just tresure the memory of having witnessed that. Because I'm not the type to push my way through to some celeb anyway. (My secret hope was that Flo and Isa would get lost on their jogging tour before the concert I saw and that my friend and I would take them to the concert hall...hahaha didn't happen, of course! Crying or Very sad Laughing )

excellentpotato

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggi Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm

That's so cool!

But how come there isn't any footage or pics? People film everything these days.
Siggi
Siggi

Back to top Go down

Post  fatmfanclub Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:16 am

It's technically illegal to video or take pictures in the tube in London when there's more than just you in the carriage. My friend got a fine for it once! That might be a reason...

Or just because it was so impromptu and amazing that there was no time. And I read that the train at the time was pretty crowded. Any pictures would probably just be of people's heads with a flash of red hair at the side.
fatmfanclub
fatmfanclub

https://www.facebook.com/florenceandthemachinefanclub

Back to top Go down

Post  manic bunny Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:03 am

fatmfanclub wrote:It's technically illegal to video or take pictures in the tube in London when there's more than just you in the carriage. My friend got a fine for it once! That might be a reason...

Or just because it was so impromptu and amazing that there was no time. And I read that the train at the time was pretty crowded. Any pictures would probably just be of people's heads with a flash of red hair at the side.

Having been on a crowded tube train after a Hammersmith gig, I know how busy the tube can be. It would be quite difficult to get any useful footage.

Nobody would be expecting it,so therefore cameras wouldn't be ready either. Even at the gigs themselves sometimes no footage of certain elements is forthcoming, for instance at T in the Park last year, Florence introduced 'What The Water Gave Me' as 'What The Buckfast Gave Me'. The BBC chose not to broadcast this song, and no footage has appeared on youtube, even though probably about 50,000 were watching! It's as if it didn't happen, even though I remember it and the press reported it.

I think some of the commentators on the newspaper sites are being a bit unfair (no yt footage, it didn't happen). The cameras aren't always everywhere!
manic bunny
manic bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum