Florum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming songs

+4
excellentpotato
manic bunny
Siggi
mortifiedduck
8 posters

Go down

Upcoming songs Empty Upcoming songs

Post  mortifiedduck Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 am

Kanye West's next albums tracklist has been leaked and Florence is supposed to feature on it. Are you looking forward to hearing this new collaboration, and what is your opinion on Florence's new taste in performing with more dance/rap artists.
mortifiedduck
mortifiedduck

Back to top Go down

Upcoming songs Empty Re: Upcoming songs

Post  Siggi Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 am

I'm not the biggest fan of either genre but I've enjoyed what she has done so far, Sweet nothing was very good. Any new music from Flo is better than none.
Siggi
Siggi

Back to top Go down

Post  mortifiedduck Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 am

Siggi wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of either genre but I've enjoyed what she has done so far, Sweet nothing was very good. Any new music from Flo is better than none.

Yeah, i liked Sweet Nothing, i've not really gotten into I Come Apart, so no opinion there. As for Flo making new music, i love that we're still hearing from her in the year off, but i hope she focuses on the album and not just collaboration singles
mortifiedduck
mortifiedduck

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggi Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 am

mortifiedduck wrote:
Siggi wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of either genre but I've enjoyed what she has done so far, Sweet nothing was very good. Any new music from Flo is better than none.

Yeah, i liked Sweet Nothing, i've not really gotten into I Come Apart, so no opinion there. As for Flo making new music, i love that we're still hearing from her in the year off, but i hope she focuses on the album and not just collaboration singles

I don't like I come apart that much either but it's ok.

I'd prefer for her to have all these collabs as singles on other artists' albums rather than have them actually on her next album

Have to laugh at all the people on the army's FB page getting worked up though. Florence has said she loves dance, hip-hop and rap quite alot so it was bound to happen as soon as she got an opportunity to work with some big names.
Siggi
Siggi

Back to top Go down

Post  manic bunny Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:13 am

tbh the idea of a collaboration with Kanye doesn't fill me with joy. By and large hiphop/rap and dance are genres that don't connect with me at all - the Brits Dizzee thing is routinely skipped when I play the Between Two Lungs second disc, although the rap on the A$AP Rocky colab isn't too annoying. I know Flo is a fan of these genres I'm getting worried that she's going to go off in that direction for album #3.....
manic bunny
manic bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  excellentpotato Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:31 am

Well, I doubt she will make hip hop on her 3rd album. she has never mentioned this as an idea, so nah...not to mention: can you imagine a rapper to joining FATM? Or would Flo rap herself? How about Isa in one of her 2Pac hoodies? Laughing

Honestly, I mainly see these collaborations as her way to express herself in all the music genres she likes. I see nothing wrong with that. Sweet Nothing is alright (and the absolutely awesome live version is a result of it too..) and I have to admit, I kinda like the Dizzie Rascal collab. (more than the you've go the love album-version...yeah, kill me Laughing ) I come apart is rather boring to me though, but that doesn't mean whatever she does will Kanye will be boring as well. We will see. As long as this break lasts, I am happy to hear her voice, even if she's just screaming randomly during a Lady Gaga song. (which I hope won't happen, but I'd try listening to it anyway... Laughing )

excellentpotato

Back to top Go down

Post  mortifiedduck Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 am

I reckon it'd be amazing if Flo had the same music taste as we did, then she'd collab with artists like Laura Marling and Regina Spektor. Either way, the only thing i don't really like about Kanye is the random noises he makes during his songs like when he says "maaaaaaall" in Paris, he's a pretty good rapper, so i don't think it'll be a catastrophe if she does work with him.
mortifiedduck
mortifiedduck

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggi Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 am

Speaking of rap, what do you think of this? It's played over a sped-up sample of 'Seven devils'.

The Game - Ali Bomaye (Feat. 2 Chainz & Rick Ross)

I've heard of 2 Chainz before. Is this an official thing or did someone just make it?
Siggi
Siggi

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly78 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19 am

I prefer when Flo sing in rap song, like in I Come Apart or with Ashok. But I'm not a big fan of Sweet Nothing (or only the acoustic live version).
A song with Kanye West could be amazing too I love you
Charly78
Charly78

https://twitter.com/CharlesBinick

Back to top Go down

Post  manic bunny Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:18 pm

I really really don't like rap/hiphop or dance. But every collaboration Flo is doing just now appears to be with artists from these genres, and I can't pretend to be enthusiastic about a song with Kanye West. Crying or Very sad
manic bunny
manic bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  excellentpotato Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:53 am

I wish they had recorded some of her past collabs with artists from the indie/alternative scene, instead of her just randomly crashing concerts. Which was fun but the quality... Crying or Very sad

excellentpotato

Back to top Go down

Post  maxim380 Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 am

I think I read somewhere that she wants to make an 'electronic pop' album to be released besides the third album, and that the third album will be like Ceremonials.
I think this is a good solution, because the people who like these kinds of songs can listen to them, and the people who don't won't have to skip them while listening to the third album. And it's great that it will be more like Ceremonials, because I prefer that one over Lungs. And I also prefer 'Ceremonials Florence' over the 'Lungs Florence'. I don't really know why, I just think the whole Ceremonials style fits her better.

maxim380

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly78 Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:05 am

Yes she talked about an electro pop album, and I think I read something about an orchestral album too, with songs like Breath Of Life.
I wish they released another album like Lungs, that could be awesome, I missed the folk/celtic sounds of some parts of this first album.
Charly78
Charly78

https://twitter.com/CharlesBinick

Back to top Go down

Post  excellentpotato Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:24 am

she also said once that album 3 could be a mix between album 1 and 2. I think in the end she will only know once she composed and recorded the thing. But I wouldn't mind if it would go into the Breath of Life direction a little, cause I consider it to be one of FATM's best songs.

excellentpotato

Back to top Go down

Post  fatmfanclub Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:37 am

Florence has said she'd like to release 2 more albums by the time she's 30: an orchestral one because she loved making Breath Of Life and a hip-hop one. I'm not a big fan of hip-hop but the orchestral one should sound amazing!
fatmfanclub
fatmfanclub

https://www.facebook.com/florenceandthemachinefanclub

Back to top Go down

Post  Melisery Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Oooh yeah I'm really excited for that orchestral one!
I thought she wanted to do a dance album instead of hip-hop?
Though I don't like both genres, I am really curious because I do like Sweet Nothing
and I occasionally listen to Ashok. So I guess we just have to be patient and find out later.
I hope we'll find out soon though Very Happy
Melisery
Melisery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down