Florum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did you first hear Florence and the Machine?

+3
excellentpotato
Charly78
Siggi
7 posters

Go down

Where did you first hear Florence and the Machine? Empty Where did you first hear Florence and the Machine?

Post  Siggi Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:53 am

I saw them first on Jonothan Ross in 2009 just before Lungs came out performing 'Rabbit Heart'. About a month later I saw Drumming song's video and then bought the album. Took me a good month or two to get into it but now it's my favourite album of all time.
Siggi
Siggi

Back to top Go down

Where did you first hear Florence and the Machine? Empty Re: Where did you first hear Florence and the Machine?

Post  Charly78 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 am

I heard them first with the performance of "No Light, No Light" at the Brits ceremony, last year. And then, nothing before the release of the Spectrum video.
They are not very famous here in France, so I never heard them on TV or radio. I watched the Brits ceremony on my PC and I only knew Spectrum because a random person I followed had shared the Youtube link of the video on Twitter...
Charly78
Charly78

https://twitter.com/CharlesBinick

Back to top Go down

Where did you first hear Florence and the Machine? Empty Re: Where did you first hear Florence and the Machine?

Post  excellentpotato Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 am

A summary of the best Olympic moments of the day, some time during the summer Olympics. I thank German TV for making Spectrum their title song for the Olympics. Very Happy

I've also never heard FATM on the popular radio stations here! My mom heard Sweet Nothing on the radio yesterday, which is already a small sensation, but FATM? I'm still waiting for that day...I'm so jealous of all these British folks. Laughing

excellentpotato

Back to top Go down

Post  mortifiedduck Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 am

I first heard them playing in HMV (a music store) and fell in love.
mortifiedduck
mortifiedduck

Back to top Go down

Where did you first hear Florence and the Machine? Empty Glastonbury 2009

Post  manic bunny Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:01 am

I'd heard them before, but never really listened. But when I saw them on the tv coverage of Glastonbury 2009, which was just before Lungs came out, I loved it!

Missed them at TITP 2009 (which I will always regret!) but got the album shortly afterwards. Loved that. Saw them at Edinburgh Corn Exchange in 2010. Most intense gig I have ever been to. EVER. Fell in love. I'm old enough to know better, yes!

Got ticket for Friday at TITP 2010 purely to see Muse. Flo was the bonus that night. Different atmosphere. Loved it!

23rd August 2011. What The Water Gave Me released on the Flow public. I had been a little worried about what direction Flo would go. I shouldn't have worried. I crossed the line that day. I'm now a Flobsessive!

I've seen numerous live tv shows, festival transmissions, and livestreams. I've seen FATM at Glasgow, TITP, London O2 and Aberdeen during 2012. All brilliant. All different atmospheres. And now I'm lost as we don't know when the next episode will start.

manic bunny
manic bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  maxim380 Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:44 am

I used to be active on a Dutch forum, and there was a topic there about what music you were listening to. One user posted a video of What The Water Gave Me and said Ceremonials was one of the best albums he had heared in a while. Normally I didn't listen to most of the music people posted there, but I clicked it because Florence looked beautiful.
I didn't really like it at first, but then I downloaded (sorry Embarassed) both albums, and I fell in love after listening to Lungs Smile

maxim380

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmiclove Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:35 am

I was at the NME awards Tour in 2009. Had gone to see Glasvagas. Florence and the machine were playing first and I walked in just as she started to sing. It was mind blowing. Also Friendly Fires and White Lies played. Florence came out and sung with Friendly Fires.

cosmiclove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down